We all read about the health benefits of having an ergonomic chair, but what exactly does ergonomic mean? Here is a simple breakdown of the meaning behind ergonomics and why it is crucial for your health.
What does "ergonomic" mean?
Ergonomics is a term that is being used more and more frequently in today's world, but what exactly does this word mean? Ergonomics is designing a job to fit the worker so the work is safer and more efficient. Implementing ergonomic solutions can make employees more comfortable and increase productivity.
Why is an ergonomic workplace important?
Ergonomic workplaces are important because when you're doing a job and your body is stressed by an awkward posture your musculoskeletal system is affected. You may experience symptoms such as fatigue, discomfort, and pain, which can lower your focus, productivity, and lead to a musculoskeletal disorder.
What are the employer advantages to creating an ergonomic workplace?
- Employees are more comfortable
- Eliminates back pain and allows for workers to stay seated for longer periods of time
- Increased productivity
- Employees take fewer breaks and are able to stay focused for longer periods of time
- Increased moral
- Increased comfort leads to increased moral and fewer arguments among coworkers
- Reduced absenteeism
- Fewer employees will have back pain related absences
In understanding the advantages of using an ergonomic chair, like the Herman Miller aeron, buying one should be a no brainer! What are you waiting for?!