How do I make my office ergonomic?
Purchasing ergonomic furniture and customizing the features to fit each individual and work station is the easiest and most effective way to create an ergonomic office, but in the meantime here are 5 simple and low cost solutions that can be implemented immediately:
- Adjust your chair both before starting your day and after lunch. Your body changes throughout the day and so should your seat.
- Arrange your workstation so that your frequently used items are within close reach from your seat.
- Use books, papers, or a box to raise your computer screen so that you are looking at the top third of the screen.
- Place a pillow behind your back to create lumbar support if your office chair doesn't already offer any.
- Place your document holder right beside your computer screen so you only have to move your eyes and not your head.